Struggling with large PST files? Wondering How to Split a Large PDF into Smaller PDFs?
We all know that PDF (Portable Document Folder) is a great way to share documents over the internet since there is no requirement of any particular operating system, hardware, or software application for sharing. In the beginning, PDF was a restrictive format controlled by Adobe Systems, but since 2008 it has been used as an open-source for exchanging PDF documents containing images, text, videos, reports, etc.
Have you ever encountered a large PDF file and had trouble in getting your required information? Or unable to send your PDF files via mail because of the large size of the PDF file? We have got it covered! Here we will be discussing the possible ways by which we can overcome from the Problem of How to Split a Large PDF into smaller PDFs and the reasons why we need this splitting action.
Reasons For PDF Splitting?
Before discussing the methods for How to Split a Large PDF into smaller PDF, we will put some light on the reasons why we need the splitting of PDF files.
- Time-consuming- Managing large PST files consumes much time since downloading and uploading PDF files takes much time. There are chances that the data may not be uploaded entirely or downloaded.
- File size restriction by Email clients- Many email clients restrict the PDF files that can be sent over the network. So, if the file size exceeds the limit, then it needs to be split.
- Requirement of a selected part of PDF- Suppose we have a PDF of 200 pages, and we require to send only pages from 20 to 50. So, in this case, we have to split the files so that we can perform the desired action.
We will cover all the methods using which users can split large pdf files into multiple files and after using these methods you will get a solution for How to split a large PDF into smaller PDFs.
Method 1- Method to Break PDF file using Google Chrome
Google chrome offers functionality to break the PDF files into smaller portions. Follow the steps shown below.
- Firstly open Google Chrome and select the PDF file.
- Then, select the “Print button.”
- Now, click on the “change button” and choose “Save as PDF.”
- Now enter the number of pages that you require in the new PDF.
- Click on the “Save” button.
- Lastly, name the resultant file and select the location where you want to save the PDF file.
Method 2- Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for PDF split
For performing PDF splitting using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, follow the below steps.
- Open Adobe Acrobat Pro Dc.
- Go to File menu >> Open option to choose the PDF for splitting.
- Now, go to the Document menu and then select the Split document option.
- Split Document screen will appear. You will get different options like split on the basis of the number of pages or file size. Depending on your requirement, select from the options.
- Click on the OK button.
Method 1 and Method 2 are manual methods, and there are certain drawbacks that the user has to face if they go for any one of the above methods.
- The methods will not work if the PDF files are corrupted or damaged.
- These are not easy to use for a non-technical person and any mistake in the splitting process and lead to data loss.
- If you want to split PDF files based on even pages or odd pages, then it is not possible by the Google chrome method.
But you need not worry. In the next method, all the above drawbacks will get removed.
Method 3- PDF Splitter a Portable utility
Using this tool user will be able to split PDF files of any size without any hassle based on the following options.
- No. of Pages
- PDF Pages
- Even pages
- Odd Pages
The tool is capable of splitting PDF files created by any version of Adobe Acrobat. You can use this utility on all the versions of the Windows and Mac operating systems and get an answer to How to split a large PDF into smaller PDFs.
Here, we have discussed all the reasons why we need to split the PDF files and the solution to the problem How to split a large PDF into smaller pdfs. After reading this, you will be able to break large PDF files with accuracy and efficiency even if you are not tech-savvy.
Also Read: Top 2 Ways To Break PDF Password