Are you a travel enthusiast or a social influencer? Well, you must definitely be using the messaging app Whatsapp. But, are you aware of all its features? Read the full article to know how to use Whatsapp Status effectively.
In recent times, with the advent of social media platforms, Whatsapp has emerged to be the best social media and electronic messaging platform. What attracts people from across 180 countries to use this app is perhaps the feature of Whatsapp Status in which you can transfer texts, emojis, photos, animated GIF’s and videos too for their contacts to check for 24 hours. Folks use Whatsapp status to showcase their daily lives or to present their state of mind or even, simply just to wish a good morning to all their contacts easily.
Features of Whatsapp Status:
- Your Whatsapp status will be seen by your saved contacts solely.
- You can selectively choose to hide your posts from specific people
- You can reply to other people’s Whatsapp status using the Reply option.
- You can put up a 30-second clip as your status.
Whatsapp Status Ideas:
As is also evident, Whatsapp status can help you express yourself in a better manner. Express your uniqueness in awesome and creative ways. Life is a rollercoaster of emotions and you can find a few ideas shared below for various moods.
Romantic Whatsapp Status:
We all have those days when we are brimming with love and romance. Here are some romantic quotes to spread the love in your heart
Sad Whatsapp Status:
Happiness and sadness are a part of life and sometimes, we can’t seem to find the perfect words to express our sorrow. Well, here are a few examples to upload as your Whatsapp status
Motivational Whatsapp Status:
Give strength to the world with these awesome quotes on Motivation!
Disadvantages of Whatsapp Status:
Like any other application, Whatsapp too is prone to hackers. So, it is advisable not to upload any photos or videos in your status which is private. Also, like PUBG or Instagram, one can get addicted to Whatsapp also. Social media addiction is a prevalent problem in the world today, especially with teenagers. Also, sometimes people keep posting unnecessary Whatsapp status updates which leads to irritation. It has also been observed that people tend to use Whatsapp during their work hours leading to lesser productivity and efficiency. Another point that is dangerous about Whatsapp is that anyone having your number is able to view your profile picture and can misuse it.
FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions)
How to delete Whatsapp Status?
After 24 hours, a WhatsApp status terminates. However, if you wish you can remove it anytime after uploading it. All you have to do to remove the Whatsapp status is click on the three dots on your Whatsapp Status screen, select the status you want to get rid of, then click on the delete option.
How to download Whatsapp Status Video?
- Open your WhatsApp app and click on the Status tab.
- Select the WhatsApp status of your contact whose status you wish to download.
- Now close your WhatsApp and open the file manager application on your device. Search for the folder named Whatsapp and select it.
- Next, select the Media folder.
- You might not be able to locate the “Statuses” folder as it is generally hidden. Click on options and search for “Show hidden files.
- After locating the “.Statuses” folder, tap on it and it will present the WhatsApp statuses of your contacts.
- To shift the status to your gallery, long click on the picture or video and a list of options will appear. Click on the Copy Option.
- Go to the WhatsApp folder within the File Manager application. At the same place, search for the DCIM folder. Open the folder and paste your copied status. You can copy the file in some other folder also.
- Next, go to the gallery in your device and visit the DCIM folder where you will be able to see the downloaded status of your contact.
If you want you can watch the below videos explaining how to download Whatsapp status video
How to mute or unmute a contact’s Whatsapp status update?
To mute a contact’s status update:
You have the option of muting the status updates of a particular contact so that they won’t appear on the STATUS tab anymore.
- Click on the STATUS tab.
- Long press your contact’s status update.
- Select MUTE.
To unmute a contact’s status update:
If you want to unmute the status, then Whatsapp provides you with that option also
- Click on the STATUS tab.
- Scroll down till you reach the Muted updates section.
- Long your contact’s status update.
- Click on UNMUTE.
Will the other person get to know if you mute their Whatsapp status?
You definitely don’t want to create bitter relationships with your friends or relatives. The notifications of that contact’s messages will still pop up on your screen. When you mute someone on Whatsapp there is no possible way the person would come to know you’ve muted them. You can safely mute or unmute any contact on Whatsapp and they will have no clue about it. The same applies to Whatsapp groups and Whatsapp status.
How to hide your online status on Whatsapp?
- Open the WhatsApp application on your device.
- Choose the “Settings” option from the menu available at the bottom of the screen.
- After locating Settings, choose the “Account” option.
- Find and choose “Privacy” on the accounts page.
- Click on “Last Seen” to choose your online status.
- You will be offered two options to hide your online presence or your “Last Seen” status — you can either limit your online status to only those contacts which you have saved in your device or hide your Whatsapp status from everyone.
- Once you’ve selected your preference, your online presence or the “Last Seen” status will be visible to just your contacts, or nobody, depending on your selection. Keep in mind that if you choose to hide your “Last Seen” status from everybody, you also won’t be able to see other users’ online presence.
Reliance recently collaborated with Facebook to start services on Whatsapp and that just shows that Whatsapp is going to become an integral part of our lives in the near future. We believe that our provided information will equip you with skills in this Information Age. Keep those posts and status incoming. Happy uploading!