Best Electric Kettles in India 2021: Kettles are one of the essential kitchen appliances as they give you hot water instantly, which can be used to make hot drinks like tea and coffee and can also be used for cooking. They are very convenient to use and takes up a tiny space, hence suitable for the kitchen where the cooking space is minimal.
Electric kettles are especially useful for hostellers and a remedy for their late-night carvings. There are several other uses of an electric kettle, but you have to make sure that you are purchasing one of the best electric kettles in India. In this article, we have reviewed the Top 10 best electric kettles in India.
1. Butterfly EKN 1.5-Litre Water Kettle
This is one among the best sellers in Amazon and also Amazon’s Choice for “electric kettle 1.5 ltr”. Butterfly EKN kettle comes with an attractive design and features, compact in size, which makes it easy to carry. After you switch it off or when it goes to cut off mode, it automatically switches to the keep warm mode that keeps the water in mild condition.
- The body is made with premium quality stainless steel.
- It has an auto shut off feature and dry boiling protection.
- A 360-degree swirl base facilitates the plugin in any direction.
- It comes with a one year warranty.
- The length of the cord is one meter, which causes inconvenience sometimes.
2. Philips HD9306/06 1.5-Litre Electric Kettle
This is one of the best electric kettles in India with triple protection, i.e., the steam sensor, overheating, and dry boiling protection. It is built with food-grade stainless steel, which is corrosion resistant and provides rapid heating. For temperature control, it has imported UK STRIX thermostat.
- Wide opening makes it easy to pour and clean.
- It comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- It comes with a cord winder making it easy to store.
- One-touch spring lid makes it easy to open and close, and therefore it avoids scalding.
- Electric cable is short.
3. Inalsa Electric Kettle PRISM-1500W with LED Illumination
This is one of the best electric kettles for the family as it has a capacity of 1.8 liters, and the power of 1500 watt boils the water within 2-3 minutes. This electric kettle is lightweight and compact, hence easy to carry around a store. It comes with an ergonomic design and can be detached smoothly that allows easy filling and serving.
- It comes with triple protection, i.e., automatic shutdown, overheating, and dry boiling protection.
- It is made with premium quality Borosilicate Glass which is scratch resistant and ten times more durable than ordinary glass.
- It has a blue LED that brightens up when the kettle is switched on.
- A water level indicator that helps you to make optimum use of it.
- It is fragile and needs careful handling.
4. Prestige 1.2 Litre Kettle 1200-watts, Maroon
With an impressive design of the kettle will go well with your modern kitchen, and the concealed element helps in easy cleaning and keeps it corrosion-free. With a capacity of 1.2 liters and power consumption of 1200W, you can make your favorite drink instantly.
- Wide mouth enables easy pouring and cleaning.
- It comes with a one year warranty.
- It automatically shuts off when the content inside it has boiled.
- The one-touch lid locking mechanism prevents the steam from escaping.
- It cannot be used to boil milk.
5. V-Guard VKG17 1.7-litres 2000 Watts Glass Kettle (Black)
With 1.7liters of capacity and power consumption of 2000 watt, it will provide you hot water in just 5min and 10sec. The food-grade Borosilicate glass enables it to cope up with temperature variation. This electric kettle is a classic appliance for your kitchen.
- British Strix Technology ensures the temperature control and durability of the product.
- Its body is made of food-grade Borosilicate glass that comes with a detachable filter to ease the serving.
- LED illumination with an auto shut-off mechanism avoids overheating and dry boiling.
- One-touch lid lock feature prevents any leakage and stops the steam from escaping.
- The length of the cord is small and should be used carefully as it is fragile compared to other kettles.
6. Pigeon by Stovekraft 12466 1.5-Litre Electric Kettle
You can make instant tea, coffee, etc. using this pigeon electric kettle, and it comes with an attractive design and features like automatic shut-off, which prevents overheating. It has a capacity of 1.5 liters and consumes a power of 1500W that helps in instant heating.
- Its body is made up of stainless steel which makes it durable.
- Easy to clean because of its broad opening.
- It comes with a one year warranty.
- The indicator light makes it easy to operate.
- People are not a fan of its customer service.
7. Kitchoff Automatic Stainless Steel Electric Kettle
The material used to build the body of this electric kettle is stainless steel with rubber protection. It doesn’t matter if it is your workplace or your home; this electric kettle can be used as an instant tea maker. The power indicator lights up when it is powered on. This kettle with a capacity of 1.8 liters, 1500W of power consumption, and elegant design will suit your modern kitchen well.
- It has a one year warranty.
- It has a cool-touch handle and lid, which protects you from burn while handling the kettle when powered on.
- The concealed structure makes it corrosion resistant and easy to clean.
- It has an automatic shut off mechanism to check the overheating.
- This kettle is not suitable to boil milk.
8. iBELL SEK15L Premium 1.5 Litre Stainless Steel Electric Kettle
This is one of the best electric kettles, and though it is cheaper, it does not compromise on the quality and functioning. This is Amazon’s Choice for “tea maker machine.” With 1.5 liters of capacity and power consumption of 1500W, you can serve a hot cup of tea or coffee within 5 minutes.
- It has a high-quality thermistor that acts as an overcurrent protector.
- The handle of the kettle is shockproof and heat resistant.
- It has a triple safety mechanism that prevents overheating and dry boiling.
- Suitable water outlet, which makes the serving easy without spilling.
- The cord length is small.
9. Morphy Richards InstaCook Multi-Purpose Electric kettle
This is one of the best electric kettles for the bachelors as it can be used for multiple purposes, and the temperature regulator makes it easy to operate, which is a relief for inexperienced. It has a 1-liter capacity and power consumption of 1200W.
- Automatic cut off and dry boiling protection ensure that the electricity is cut off when it reaches an optimum temperature and also when there is no content inside ensuring its long life.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It has a temperature regulator, which makes it multi-purpose.
- Sometimes the automatic cutoff feature does not allow proper boiling.
10. Bajaj 1.7-Litre Cordless Kettle (White/Blue)
This ergonomically designed Bajaj Electric kettles allow you to boil water instantly to make tea or coffee in just 5 minutes. This highly durable kettle is energy efficient and comes with an auto shut off mechanism.
- It consumes very little energy and retains the temperature for a longer duration.
- It has a warranty for 2-years.
- It consists of a water level indicator on both sides.
- Not suitable for boiling the milk.
Buying Guide – Choose the Best Electric Kettles
Many of the kettles have similar features, which leave us confused, and some times we end up choosing the wrong product. There are a few key factors which you should consider before buying one of the best electric kettles in India 2021.
- Capacity – Kettles with one liter of capacity can provide up to 3 glass of boiled water, making it suitable for bachelors, and if you are buying it for a family, you should go for the one with a large capacity. In the Indian market, kettles are available in the range of 1-2 liters capacity, so choose accordingly.
- Boiling Rate – This mainly depends on the power consumption of the electric kettle. Higher the power consumption, the quicker is the boiling. For kettles with one-liter capacity, 1500W of power consumption is enough to provide the boiled water in 3-4 minutes. But if you are choosing a bigger capacity kettle, then it would be better to opt for a higher watt.
- The material used – The body of the electric kettle is made up of glass, stainless steel, or their combination with plastic. Unless you have a low budget, avoid buying a plastic kettle, and the only advantage it has over other material is that its exterior parts do not heat up much.
Glass kettles are good to go, but they should be handled carefully as they are fragile. They are comparatively heavier than other materials. So it is recommended to opt for a metal one as they are highly durable.
- The material of Handle – Choose a kettle with a plastic handle so that it could remain cool all the time. The shape and the position of the electric kettle are essential to keep the balance while lifting.
To get an excellent grip, the handle should be soft and rubberized. There must be a proper gap between the surface and the handle so that you do not burn your hands while handling it.
- Ensure the Safety – There are two safety features that you should look for in a kettle. One is an automatic shut off feature that prevents overheating of water that can cause a fire or even an explosion. The other one is dry boiling protection that will protect your kettle from getting damaged because of careless use.
- Noise – Make sure to choose a kettle that does not make annoying sounds as the electric kettles generally do not produce noise as compared to other appliances in the kitchen.
- Portability – There are two types of electric kettle: Corded and Cordless. Corded kettles are not easy to carry and may affect the pouring. Due to this reason, the cordless one is becoming popular these days. These can be detached from the base and can be taken anywhere.
The electric kettle is one of the essential appliances in the kitchen as they are energy efficient, easy to operate, time-efficient, reliable, and safe. Make sure to consider the buyer’s guide before buying the best electric kettles 2021.
Also, read our article on 10 Best Baby Walker in India 2021