It’s difficult to imagine the world without email comfort – which can explain, in portion, why millions of people have turned to Yahoo Mail and other free Web-based email services for fast communications.
Yahoo is one of the most popular free email-services among all other web services. Both Outlook and Yahoo are the most popular email clients used by millions of people. Yahoo is a web-based email client, whereas Outlook is both web-based and desktop-based email clients. Those users who are using a desktop-based Outlook version have all their data stored on their system. Because of this, the data of Outlook can be accessed only from a single system. Thus there is a situation arises to import PST file into Yahoo mail.
First, we need to see the benefits of Yahoo so that users can easily migrate toward the yahoo mail.
What can be the benefits of Yahoo mail?
- Yahoo mail is completely free and easily accessible as compared to Outlook. Because for Outlook you need to buy Microsoft Office Suite.
- You get the chance to explore social networking sites like Flickr and Tumblr at no cost.
- There is Norton Antivirus that protects your data from any virus attack. So, there is no any need to worry about data loss or corruption.
- Yahoo is having much space as 1TB, so there is no need to delete emails you can easily store the bulk of emails.
- Yahoo is completely web-based and stores all emails to the cloud. Pst requires more space on your system that further affects your hard drive, so in Yahoo’s emails or the pst you import to Yahoo will automatically be saved in the cloud that saves your hard disk space.
- In Yahoo, you can see anything such as news, technology, questions, etc.
How to import PST file into Yahoo mail?
After knowing all the benefits of Yahoo mails now its time to see how can we import pst to Yahoo mails. There are several methods given below that will give you the best solution.
If you like to import PST File to Yahoo, then you have to follow both the manual and an alternate method. Manually, users need to configure the Yahoo account into Outlook. Just follow the below steps one by one:
- First Open Outlook and then click on the File tab.
- Then after this click on the Add Account button.
- Select the radio button for the Manual step.
- Then select POP/IMAP>Next on Choose Service page.
- Include your server information and Add your Yahoo credential.
- Next, enter your login details.
- On the same page, do click on the More Settings button.
- Select the Outgoing Server tab on the next page.
- Then Check (SMTP) server that requires authentication option and then select the radio button of Use the same settings as of my incoming mail server.
- Now choose the Advanced tab and check these settings, as shown below.
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143Incoming server encrypted connection: SSLOutgoing server (SMTP): 587 or 465
Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS or Auto
- When everything is done, then click on Finish>> Next.
- If everything goes right, then, the configuration will be done successfully. Then close the window and click on Next.
- When the configuration is done, then a message will be popped up on the screen. Then click on Finish to import PST to Yahoo Mail.
- You will see an Outlook is showing Yahoo emails after the configuration process.
- Select the PST file folder that you want to import. Drag and drop it into the Yahoo folder.
- By using your account details, Launch Yahoo Mail then open the folder where you have placed the PST folder. You will see that all Outlook emails present in that folder.
You can use another alternate method that results in the best outcomes quickly. An alternative method is PST Exporter by which you can easily save the PST files with all its data in Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, IMAP, Thunderbird, Zimbra, ICS & vCard. Also, it allows users to save converted Outlook PST files in different file formats like EMLX, EML, MSG, HTML, MHTML, TXT, PDF & so on. If users are too busy in their life and don’t have so much time to manual import PST to Yahoo mails then for them this alternative method is the best one.
The importance of Yahoo mail and the process of importing PST in Yahoo have already been discussed. I realized as a user that the automated method was much easier and faster after performing both methods, i.e., manual and automatic method. I first had to link my Yahoo mail to Outlook before performing manual export, only then could I proceed to perform further. We hope that this article had helped you to import PST File to Yahoo mail.