In this time of the pandemic, you should pay attention to your personal hygiene. There are many circumstances where you cannot wash your hands, and that’s when hand sanitizers come handy. They can be used water-free and can protect you from hazardous microorganisms anywhere you go, be it a toilet, public transportation, workplace, etc.
A hand sanitizer is much better than a handwash as they are much more robust and faster in getting rid of germs from your hands. While choosing a hand sanitizer, you should be careful if it suits your skin type or how effective it is against germs. Here in this article, we’ll review 10 Best Hand Sanitizers in India.
Below is the list of top ten best hand sanitizers in India. All the sanitizers mentioned are well sufficient to combat coronavirus.
1. Dettol Original Germ Protection Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizer, 500ml
Dettol is one of the best hand sanitizers in India and was made during the outbreak of COVID-19 and has kept in mind all the ingredients that will help you fight the battle with the virus. With this easy to carry around sanitizer, you can sanitize your exposed body parts as well as your surroundings.
- With 72.34% alcohol content, it instantly kills 99.99% of germs without water.
- It is a non-sticky sanitizer with a skin-friendly antiseptic formula.
- It is travel friendly and is also allowed on flights.
2. Lifebuoy Alcohol-Based Anti Germ Hand Sanitizer, 500ml
This is Amazon’s choice for “lifebuoy hand sanitizer gel.” When you go outside your home and touch an ATM machine, elevator button, groceries, and many other items that may be corrupted by the virus and bacteria. But we cannot wash our hands every time, and that’s when this sanitizer comes into play.
- 60% of alcohol content gives you instant protection from germs and kills around 99.9% of microorganisms without water.
- The glycerine content keeps your hand moisturized.
- It is a non-sticky, quick-drying sanitizer that also comes in a size that is convenient to carry around.
8. Dabur Hand Sanitizer
This hand sanitizer from Dabur is gonna be a nightmare for Coronavirus. This alcohol-based sanitizer keeps your family and loved ones safe from illness and disease caused by the germs. Be it your workplace or home, car, grocery store, this anti-bacterial hand sanitizer keeps you in a safe environment.
- With 72% of alcohol content kills 99.9% of germs instantly after application.
- This non-sticky gel-based sanitizer pampers your hand.
- The citrous fragrance gives you a refreshing feeling.
3. Himalaya Pure Hands Hand Sanitizer (Pack of 2)
This hand sanitizer from the house of Himalaya herbal is one of its kind. Along with alcohol, it contains ingredients like Coriandrol – an oil extracted from coriander which possesses antimicrobial properties, Hrivera – a powerful aromatic herb that has anti-bacterial properties and softens your hands, Neem – have antifungal and astringent properties, and Ushira – provides a cooling effect.
- This alcohol-based sanitizer provides 99.9% protection against the germs.
- It contains a moisturizing agent that prevents skin irritation and dryness.
- It has a very broad spectrum against the microorganisms.
- Do not have an impressive odor.
5. BoroPlus Advanced Anti-Germ Hand Sanitizer
This is one of the best hand sanitizers in India, and it is also the amazon’s choice for “sanitizers for hand.” While keeping your hands germs-free, its antiseptic and moisturizing property keeps your hands soft and damage-free.
- It contains 70% of Ethyl alcohol, which will give you 99.99% of germ protection.
- Convenient to carry around with you.
- Non-sticky and has ingredients like Neem and Tulsi.
7. Tri-Activ Instant Hand Sanitizer
With triple protection, the Tri-Activ hand sanitizer gives you instant protection from germs leaving your hands clean and hygienic. It is also available in a complete range of security, including disinfectant spray for multi-surfaces. It cleans the skin, gently providing a mild fragrance.
- 72 % of alcohol content gives you 99.9% protection from germs instantly.
- It provides triple protection against the virus, fungus, and bacteria.
- It is a non-sticky sanitizer that dries out rapidly.
6. Mediker Hand Sanitizer
Mediker is a famous brand launched back in 1968. In this crucial time, it is essential that you clean your hands before eating or touching your face as the virus is spread mostly through our hands. This premium quality product by Marico (producers of Parachute and Saffola) ensures the safety of your loved ones.
- With 70% of alcohol content, it kills 99.9% of the germs instantly.
- Aloe vera extract present in the sanitizer moisturizes your hands and keeps them soft.
- It is safe for children as well.
- On application, it has a mild fragrance that keeps you refreshed.
3. Bella Vita Organic Spray Safe Surface & Hands Sanitizing Disinfectant
This multipurpose spray sanitizes your hands as well as hard surfaces like smartphones, doorknobs, curtains to leave a pleasant odor. This keeps your home as well as the work environment hygienic. All you have to do is spray it in your hand or any other surface and wait until it dry out or you can even wipe it with a clean cloth.
- Kills 99.9% of germs, including dangerous bacterias and viruses, on the surface being used.
- It contains 70% of alcohol and is tested safe for use in the lab.
- Keeps your loved ones safe from diseases and infections.
9. Solimo Hand Sanitizer Gel
Without any harmful chemicals, this sanitizer is safe for daily use. It contains Aloe vera extract, tea tree oil, and vitamin E that pampers your hands while protecting it from the germs. This is one of the best hand sanitizers in India and gives 99.9% of germ protection instantly after application.
- 75% of alcohol content gives this sanitizer a strong smell, but it fades away and gives a refreshing fragrance later.
- Leave a light oily texture and dries out later, which locks the moisture in your hands.
- The non-stick feature makes it easy to apply.
10. Luster Healthy Hands – 72% IP Alcohol Hand Sanitizer Bottle (Pack of 10 (60ml))
This is a very cheap but premium quality product that fulfills its purpose as a hand sanitizer. This sanitizer will give you long-lasting protection against the germs while moisturizing your skin. Just two drops are enough to protect you from infection caused by the germs.
- 72% of alcohol content makes it very effective against the germs
- Non-sticky sanitizer which makes it easy to apply.
- It comes with a refreshing fragrance and kills 99.99% of germs without water.
Buyer’s Guide to Choose the best hand sanitizers in India
There are many factors that you should always consider while choosing the best hand sanitizers in India.
Types of Sanitizers
There are two types of hand sanitizers, i.e., alcoholic and non-alcoholic.
Alcoholic sanitizers generally contain around 60-95% of alcohol in the form of propanol, ethanol, or isopropanol. These are effective against a broad range of microorganisms and gives you instant protection from germs,
Non-alcoholic sanitizers often contain chemicals like benzalkonium chloride, triclosan, etc. that are also effective against microorganisms and also contain emollients that moisturize your skin and make it soft.
WHO recommends the sanitizers having alcohol content more than 70% so that it would be effective against the Coronavirus.
Type of Skin
It is really important that the sanitizer you use should suit your skin type; otherwise, you would end up having skin rashes. Choose the one which has moisturizing agents as the alcohol tends to dry out your skin.
Choose a sanitizer that is free from harmful chemicals causing irritation on your skin. Go for the one that is gentle to your skin and have premium quality ingredients.
Product with a Money Value
There might be sanitizers, which are very expensive because of the brand name, but it is not necessary that it would be the right product. Always look at the compositions of the sanitizers before buying it and never judge the product by its rate.
Also read: 7 Tips for Professionals Working From Home
Figure out the best hand sanitizers in India that suit you and keep safe at this difficult time. Always carry the sanitizer with you wherever you go and follow all the guidelines to remain safe and control the spread of the virus.